Finding the right office printer can be a chore for small and medium-sized businesses, as the market is saturated with a wide range of solutions. If you're looking for a multi-purpose printer that can accomplish a diverse array of tasks without sacrificing performance, Epson's WorkForce Enterprise WF-C20590 might be the best option for you.
The Epson Advantage
The Seiko Epson Corporation is a Japanese-based electronics company that has earned a reputation as one of the largest and most reliable printer manufacturers in the world. Epson holds over 50,000 patents for imaging and printing technologies and operates 23 manufacturing facilities around the globe. The company has maintained a culture of innovation over its 76 years in business and has significantly contributed to the advancement of inkjet printers, which are quickly becoming an enterprise standard. Epson's drive to improve printer efficiency and reduce material costs has helped the company establish itself as a dependable option for businesses of all sizes.
WorkForce Enterprise WF-C20590
Epson's Workforce series of printers were specially designed to meet the demands of enterprise environments, and the WF-C20590 is no exception. This 4-in-1 MFP can print, copy, scan and fax in monochrome and in color. It is a fully networked device, allowing for wireless management and improved customization. The WorkForce Enterprise WF-C20590 is a heavy-duty printer built for high speed printing and professional quality printouts, making it a perfect fit for fast-paced environments. Some of its core features include:
- Professional Quality Color: Epson's PrecisionCore technology and fast-drying pigment ink provides vibrant color printing solutions at 2400dpi.
- Wide Format Printing: Able to print and copy tabloid-sized pages up to 13" x 19" in addition to its A3 capabilities. This model can perform 2-sided printing tasks, both simplex and duplex.
- High Print Speeds: As the fastest color inkjet printer and copier in its class, the WF-C20590 provides print speeds up to 100 ISO ppm (black/color) simplex, 100 ipm (black/color) duplex.
- Long-Lasting Ink Cartridges: Epson's high capacity ink cartridges are rated for up to 50,000 pages before replacement is needed, allowing for lower costs and less downtime.
- Low Power Consumption: The unit's no-heat print technology allows it to operate on a standard 110V outlet, so no electrical retrofitting is required during installation.
- Easy-to-Use Control Panel: All print, copy, scan and fax functions can be controlled through the device's 9-inch touch screen, including maintenance and network diagnostics.
- Networking Tools: The WF-C20590 is a fully networked device that allows users to scan documents to the cloud or email, and remotely initiate print jobs from computers, tablets and smartphones.
- Simple Print Mechanism: Fewer moving parts reduces the likelihood of printer breakdowns and Epson's contactless inkjet technology makes clearing paper jams easy.
3 Key Innovations
Alongside its core capabilities, Epson's WorkForce Enterprise WF-C20590 contains a number of innovative components that make it an excellent choice for high-volume printing environments.
1. Enterprise Security
Every Epson MFP printer is secured using a host of data encryption features, but this device is particularly insulated against unauthorized access. Network administrators can fully customize the security protocols to suit unique operational requirements and comply with corporate security guidelines. Printer privileges can be restricted for up to 10 individual user profiles, including usage limitations and user authentication. All device communications can be secured through IEEE 802.1x, IPsec and SSL/TLS for email or cloud access. Additionally, IPv6 support allows IT managers to future-proof their network and limit access by filtering IP addresses and/or ports.
2. Epson Device Admin
The Enterprise WF-C20590 printer is outfitted with Epson's intuitive print management software, which allows for remote installation, configuration and management of an entire fleet of printers. Device settings can be updated in real time and monitored through an embedded web server (EWS). The printer utilizes a universal driver that is compatible with Windows, Mac and PostScript, reducing the likelihood of widespread software issues that might disrupt production.
3. PrecisionCore Line Head Technology
Epson's industry leading inkjet printing tools were developed to provide high speeds and professional-quality output for workgroup and department printing. The high-density PrecisionCore line head can generate up to 40 million precise dots per second, offering accurate ink placement while reducing distortions and imperfections. This is especially important for high resolution graphics or photographs. Luckily, the PrecisionCore printhead nozzles can produce drops as small as 1.5 picoliters at speeds of 100 ISO ppm.
Bottom line: Epson created the WorkForce Enterprise WF-C20590 to provide high-end printing solutions that small and medium-sized businesses could afford. The company's full-spectrum approach to workplace networking allows for extensive workflow and security customization, making it a great fit for a wide range of environments. Whether you're looking for a dependable, low-cost MFP for your office or a high-speed wide format printer for your production line, Epson's WorkForce Enterprise WF-C20590 has the capabilities you need to excel.